A complete, day-by-day schedule of how I teach sound waves to high school students in my own classroom.
If you have any questions, please email me – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Projects – These are the two activities I typically give during this unit. I only give one per year.
- Sound Intensity and Society Project – I typically give my students 2-3 weeks to complete this project
- The Silencer – I typically give my students 2-3 weeks to complete this project
- Experimenting with Waves Activity – Day 1
- Lesson 2 – Reflection, Interference, and Transmission (Day 1)
- Sound applications – Ultrahaptics and Haptics –> Student research the following questions for about 10 minutes then we discuss it as a class. What I’ve done in the past is split the class into groups and have each group research one of the questions then present their findings.
- What are they? Difference?
- How do they work?
- Where can you find them?
- What are their future applications?
- Work Period / Catch-up Day
- Tinnitus – Ringing in the Ears Reading
- Students spend the period reading the article and answering the included questions
- Formula Sheet Prep for Unit Test (15 minutes)
- Test Review
- Waves and Sound Unit Test