This 20 Space Task Card resource is very unique. It can be utilized in a clue gathering, puzzle solving, highly active and engaging activity for those learning about Space, Stars, Planets, Distances, Seasons, Tides as well as Galaxies and other Celestial Objects or as an alternative to worksheet review for older students. What I love to do is have the kids go through the activity for the first half or two thirds of our review period then spend the remainder of the time reviewing the questions as a class.
Please view the preview to gain a sense of how easily and effectively this resource could be incorporated into your Space Unit. Perfect for many grades.
– 20 Space Task Cards
– Student worksheet
– Teacher answer key
– Task Card Review Game Word Chart
– A complete answer chart for teacher and/or student use
Questions include solving Space questions involving:
– the comparison between meteorites, meteoroids and meteors
– Earth’s rotation vs. revolution
– measures of distance
– the cause of the seasons
– galaxy types
1) Task card review game – lots of fun!
– Students are placed in groups of two and have to work their way through the task cards. Each task card answer leads the student to a clue (a word).
– Once the group has completed each task card they will have enough clues to solve the puzzle.
– Once the group has solved the puzzle, they are the winner.
Please view the preview file to get a better idea of how you could utilize this resource in your classroom.
2) Typical task card review.
– You can simply distribute the Task Cards to your class for individual, group or whole class review
– The Task Cards can be projected on the board for whole class review
– The cards work well as cue cards, test review, etc.
I also have other Task Card resources as well as a range assignments and lessons/units from other grade levels at my store. Please come, have a look around and don’t forget to follow if you like what you see.
For my thoughts on teaching, learning and everything in between, please visit my blog Teach With Fergy
Teach With Fergy