The Seasons and Earth’s Tilt Lesson Package. This 3 DAY lesson package includes the lesson (student and teacher versions of the PowerPoint), a Bill Nye video and worksheet (worksheet includes a direct video link and answer key), a seasons computer-based lab and a student lesson handout as a word document. The PowerPoint is fun and applicable with one video embedded, TWO simulations and one lab linked into the PowerPoint.
The simulations and lab are meant to break down student misconceptions and help guide them to the correct concepts while providing them with some hands-on experience.
Included in the lesson package is:
– The teacher version of the PowerPoint
– The student version of the PowerPoint
– A Bill Nye video and worksheet (includes a direct video link and answer key)
– TWO videos embedded into the PowerPoint
– TWO simulations linked within the PowerPoint
– ONE lab linked within the PowerPoint
– Student lesson handout
In order, the lesson covers:
– Minds-on collaborative learning
– Earth’s Rotation, Tilt & Revolution
– Inquiry Simulation
– Direct vs. Indirect Sunlight
– The Seasons
– Inquiry Lab
The student version of the power point contains multiple blanks that need to be filled in throughout the lesson. These blanks are conveniently underlined and bolded on the teacher copy. I have found this to be the most effective means of keeping my students engaged and active without having them write everything out. This also leaves more time for discussion and activities.
I also have a range assignments and lessons/units from other grade levels at my store. Please CLICK HERE to have a look around and don’t forget to follow if you like what you see.
Also, please visit my blog Teach With Fergy for my thoughts on teaching, learning and everything in between.
Teach With Fergy