If you are interested in physics 5E lesson plans, you’re in the right spot. I have been using them in my class for a few years now and they are a terrific way to manage, organize, and carry out your curriculum no matter what you are teaching.
Personally, I use them to help differentiate my teaching style. I don’t want to just lecture but sometimes it can be difficult to know how and when to incorporate something that’s hands-on. Additionally, 5E lesson plans also force you to introduce and conclude your topic which helps because I at times I just dive right in and/or, not wrap things up as well as I should.
What’s Included In Each Physics 5E Lesson Plan?
- Something to generate interest and excitement in the topic.
- This could involve a short video with probing questions or a discussion based on current events, common misconceptions, etc.
- Students use and develop creative thinking skills, make observations, record results, and make connections.
- My 5E lesson plans include a 7-station, lab activity.
- The instructional phase where concepts are presented to the students in a clear and applicable way.
- Students develop vocabulary as well as a deeper understanding of the content.
- This phase has the students completing an activity or assignment that forces them to expand their thinking and knowledge of the topic.
- My 5E lesson plans include a digital scavenger hunt or comprehension reading.
- Your students will demonstrate their understanding and evaluate their own progress.
- The evaluation section generally includes a quiz that will allow you to evaluate your students’ topic understanding in a quick and efficient manner.
Here’s a list of the Physics 5E Lesson Plans that I currently have available. Each one has been used in my own classroom and purchased many times by teachers around the world.
If you’d like to see the complete list of 5E Lesson Plans I have available, please click here.
If you’d like to read a more detailed description of how to use 5E lesson plans in your classroom, I created a detailed report which I’d invite you to read – 5E Lesson Plans – How And Why To Use Them In Your Classroom