The package includes a complete lesson and activity set for your Optics unit.Save over 65% by purchasing this unit vs. purchasing the resources individually.
– 5 weeks of teaching material
– 11 Power Points totaling 232 slides.
– 84 Slide (42 Questions and Answers) Review Power Point
– 4 quizzes with answer key
– Pinhole Camera 1-3 Day activity
– Hyperlinked YouTube videos directly embedded in the Power Points – no more searching for videos
– Many lessons contain online simulations hyperlinked directly on the slides for easy access
– All lessons contain student and teacher versions of the PowerPoint as well as a student lesson outline on Word
– Some lessons contain worksheets and/or activities
– TWO Bill Nye worksheets with answer key
– Everything you need to teach Optics!
Lesson 1 – Light
Lesson 2 – Lasers, Absorption and Transmission
Lesson 3 – The Production of Light
Lesson 4 – Ray Diagrams, Reflections and Plane Mirrors
Lesson 5 – Reflection in Curved Mirrors
Lesson 6 – Refraction Day 1
Lesson 7 – Refraction Day 2
Lesson 7a – Snell’s Law Lesson, Worksheet and Lab
Lesson 8 – Lenses and Focal Point
Lesson 9 – Lenses – Ray Diagrams
Lesson 10 – Thin Lens Equation and Magnification
Lesson 11 – The Eye
Each lesson has a student and teacher version. The student version contains multiple blanks that need to be filled in throughout the lesson. I have found this to be the most effective means of keeping my students engaged and active without having them write everything out. This also leaves more time for discussion and activities.
I also have a range of assignments and lessons/units from other grade levels at my store.
Also, please visit my website Teach With Fergy for my thoughts on teaching, learning and everything in between.