If you are interested in Earth and space 5E lesson plans, you’re in the right spot. I have been using them in my class for a few years now and they are a terrific way to manage, organize, and carry out your curriculum no matter what you are teaching.
Personally, I use them to help differentiate my teaching style. I don’t want to just lecture but sometimes it can be difficult to know how and when to incorporate something that’s hands-on. Additionally, 5E lesson plans also force you to introduce and conclude your topic which helps because I at times I just dive right in and/or, not wrap things up as well as I should.
What’s Included In Each Earth and Space 5E Lesson Plan?
- Something to generate interest and excitement in the topic.
- This could involve a short video with probing questions or a discussion based on current events, common misconceptions, etc.
- Students use and develop creative thinking skills, make observations, record results, and make connections.
- My 5E lesson plans include a 7-station, lab activity.
- The instructional phase where concepts are presented to the students in a clear and applicable way.
- Students develop vocabulary as well as a deeper understanding of the content.
- This phase has the students completing an activity or assignment that forces them to expand their thinking and knowledge of the topic.
- My 5E lesson plans include a digital scavenger hunt or comprehension reading.
- Your students will demonstrate their understanding and evaluate their own progress.
- The evaluation section generally includes a quiz that will allow you to evaluate your students’ topic understanding in a quick and efficient manner.
Here’s a list of the Earth and Space 5E Lesson Plans that I currently have available. Each one has been used in my own classroom and purchased many times by teachers around the world.
Earth 5E Lesson Plans
Biodiversity – 5E Lesson Bundle
Climate Change and Global Warming – 5E Lesson Bundle
Cloud Types – 5E Lesson Bundle
Cycling of Matter – The Water and Carbon Cycles – 5E Lesson Bundle
Earth’s Seasons – 5E Lesson Bundle
Ecosystems Bundle – 5E Lesson Bundle
Interactions Within Ecosystems – 5E Lesson Bundle
Natural Disasters – 5E Lesson Bundle
Photosynthesis – 5E Lesson Bundle
Photosynthesis and Cellular Respiration – 5E Lesson Bundle
Plant Reproduction – 5E Lesson Bundle
Plate Tectonics – 5E Lesson Bundle
Space 5E Lesson Plans
The Life and Death of Stars – 5E Lesson Bundle
The Moon and its Phases – 5E Lesson Bundle
Asteroids, Comets, and Meteors – 5E Lesson Bundle
Human Space Exploration – 5E Lesson Bundle
Our Solar System – 5E Lesson Bundle
If you’d like to see the complete list of 5E Lesson Plans I have available, please click here.
If you’d like to read a more detailed description of how to use 5E lesson plans in your classroom, I created a detailed report which I’d invite you to read – 5E Lesson Plans – How And Why To Use Them In Your Classroom