Simulation: Please go to – https://goo.gl/bsHTXB
Place the pH probe into the container as shown.
Part A: Play around with the simulation for one minute. Try the different solutions, work the taps, etc.
Part B: Using the simulation, answer the following questions.
1. What is the most acidic solution available? What is its pH?
2. What is the most basic solution available? What is its pH?
3. What TWO substances have a pH that is closest to water? What are their pH values?
4. Add 1/2 L of coffee to your container. What happens to the pH as you add more coffee? What is the final pH?
5. What happens if you add 0.7 L of water to your 1/2 L of coffee?
6. Add 1/2 L of Hand Soap to your container then fill the remainder of the container with water. How does the pH change?
7. What happens when you dilute (add water to) an acid or a base?