This package is broken into a water cycle and a carbon cycle assignment. Usually, what I do is use the water cycle as a practice run (more formative assessment), then the carbon cycle as graded work but the tasks can be used however you like. Your students will use their varied learning styles to complete this assignment. Those who love art will savor the chance to really get creative and design something fantastic. Others will enjoy the way the task is set out step-wise with easy to follow instructions. Both will create something they can be proud of and at the same time, they will be learning about the water and carbon cycle. Great for upper elementary, middle and high school classes. These activities can easily be adapted for lower elementary by simplifying some wording and reducing the task requirements.
Included in the activity package is:
– A full overview of both tasks
– A itemized list of all required items
– The water cycle contains a graded checklist for the required components
– The carbon cycle contains two different rubrics depending on the depth you want to go into
– Exemplary student examples for both assignments
I also have a range of assignments and lessons/units from other grade levels at my store.
Also, please visit my website Teach With Fergy for my thoughts on teaching, learning and everything in between.