Science Article Bundle Volume 1 – Grade 8 and Up. This completed bundle contains 35 reading comprehension (disciplinary literacy) articles. If you purchase this bundle, you’ll only pay $1.50 per article. That’s a savings of 75% vs. purchasing each article individually. This bundle is meant for grades 8 and above.
The sample contains the full version of my Common Cold resource for your review. Please take this gift and use to fully understand the type of resource you are purchasing.
The Problem You Face
– Not having the time to properly teach scientific literacy (disciplinary literacy) or improve your students reading comprehension and analysis skills.
This fully editable, NO PREP reading comprehension article is composed of relevant, applicable and engaging reading activities which can be used to:
– introduce your topic
– improve your students reading comprehension and scientific literacy skills
– improve your students’ analysis skills
– provide an extension activity to students who move at a faster pace
– provide extra credit to students in need
– measure your students literacy skills
Furthermore, this resource works very well as an emergency substitute plan as it will keep your students on task and focused while you are away.
This resource will take your students between 50-75 minutes to complete and includes some open-ended questions. An answer key is also included for your reference.
“I hesitated to buy this, but bit the bullet and did it anyway. It has been my GO TO homework! As a science teacher, it can be really hard to find reading that holds their attention and improves reading skills. Thanks!”
“Awesome reading comprehension articles!”
“I use these as once a week assignments in my science class and they are great. Thank you for putting this all together.”
“Good for homework or when there is a sub.”
“I used these as reading skill review before the final in Research class, they were great!”
“Excellent balance of articles. I was looking for some good readings to teach science reading comprehension. Liked the variety of questions.”
Each summary is rich with age appropriate content (grades 8 and up) and is 2.5-3 pages long (13-font). Following each is a list of 8-13 questions along with the answer key, which will help guide your students understanding.
How this product will help your students:
– Improve their scientific and disciplinary literacy skills
– Improve their reading comprehension and scientific knowledge
– Give them insights into important scientific concepts
– Provide an extension activity for your faster moving/more gifted students
How this product will help you:
– Allow you to meet the NGSS, TEKS and Common Core Standards
– Provide you with a concise introduction to your topic
– Provide you with an engaging and easy to leave substitute plan which will keep your students engaged and on task
– Prove you a means of measuring your students’ literacy skills
We don’t spend enough time teaching scientific literacy to our students. This is either because we don’t have the resources to do so effectively or we don’t have the time. However, teaching our students to become scientifically literate is vital if we want them to succeed in life. We need them to know about the world they live in and about the issues they face. Even issues as simple as the common cold are misunderstood and can lead to the misuse of antibacterial drugs eventually rendering them ineffective.
It can be used as a tool in your teaching arsenal on a regular basis, an extension activity for your faster learners, left for a substitute in an emergency or planned absence or as an extra bit of information for a topic.