This 15 Periodic Table and Elements Task Card resource allows your students to review concepts involving Elements, Rows, Groups, Atomic Mass and Families. Example Questions Include: Question 1: Silicon is a ______ found in group _____. Question 2: This collection of elements on the periodic table conducts heat and electricity well.
This resource is very unique. It can be utilized in a clue gathering, puzzle solving, highly active and engaging activity for those learning about The Periodic Table and its Elements or as an alternative to worksheet review. Whether you do it as a whole class game or as a worksheet your students will actually want to get done, your students will want to finish so that they are able to solve the puzzle. The students must answer 15 questions and match their answer with the word(s) on the Task Card Review Game Word Chart. Once the correct matched words are put in order (answer to #1, #2, etc.), they will display a motivational quote.
Do you use Science Workshops in your class? These would be perfect! All answers are included and the game is really easy to understand.
I’ve also included a simple word document which just contains the questions and answers. I usually give this out to my students after we’ve completed the activity for them to review at home.
– 15 Task Cards
– Student worksheet
– Teacher answer key
– Task Card Review Game Word Chart
– A complete answer chart for teacher and/or student use
Overview: There are two ways to use these cards
1) Task card review game – lots of fun!
– Students are placed in groups of two and have to work their way through the task cards. Each task card answer leads the student to a clue (a word).
– Once the group has completed each task card they will have enough clues to solve the puzzle.
– Once the group has solved the puzzle, they are the winner.
2) Engaging Worksheet Review with a goal
– Give out the Question Sheet and Task Card Review Game Word Chart
– Engage your students and have them want to complete their homework so they can solve the quote. This works in very much the same way as the game above except it can be done individually (or in pairs) as seat work or homework
– The students must answer the question then match their answer with the word(s) on the Task Card Review Game Word Chart. Once the correct matched words are put in order (answer to #1, #2, etc.), they will display a motivational quote.
– It really gets the kids interested and wanting to finish as they are rewarded with the answer
Please view the preview file to get a better idea of how you could utilize this resource in your classroom.
I also have other Task Card resources as well as a range assignments and lessons/units from other grade levels at my store. Please come, have a look around and don’t forget to follow if you like what you see.
For my thoughts on teaching, learning and everything in between, please visit my blog Teach With Fergy
Teach With Fergy