Everything you need to teach Periodic Table and Bohr-Rutherford Diagram as an introduction or review is right here including the lesson, student handouts and a worksheet. The Power Point is interactive and engaging with demonstrations built right in and YouTube videos hyperlinked directly onto the slides. No more searching for videos, just click on the slide and it will take you directly to them. Also comes with a student lesson handout and a worksheet.
Included in the lesson package is:
– The teacher version of the power point
– The student version of the power point
– A 4 slide per page PDF file for both the teacher and student copies of the power point
– A 6 slide per page PDF file for both the teacher and student copies of the power point
– A student lesson handout
– A student worksheet
In order, the lesson covers:
– The structure of the atom (protons, neutrons & electrons)
– Atomic number
– Atomic mass
– Valence electrons
– Categories of the periodic table (metals, non-metals and metalloids)
– Families of the periodic table
– The Bohr-Rutherford model of the atom
The student version of the power point contains multiple blanks that need to be filled in throughout the lesson. These blanks are conveniently underlined and bolded on the teacher copy. I have found this to be the most effective means of keeping my students engaged and active without having them write everything out. This also leaves more time for discussion and activities.
I also have a range assignments and lessons/units from other grade levels at my store.
Also, please visit my blog Teach With Fergy for my thoughts on teaching, learning and everything in between.