Everything you need to teach Molecular Compounds as an introduction or review is right here including the lesson, student handouts and a worksheet with answers. The Power Point is interactive and engaging with demonstrations built right in and YouTube videos hyperlinked directly onto the slides. No more searching for videos, just click on the slide and it will take you directly to them.
Included in the lesson package is:
– The teacher version of the power point
– The student version of the power point
– Hyperlinked videos embedded on the slides
– Student lesson handout
– Worksheet with answers
In order, the lesson covers:
– A review of ionic compounds
– An overview of molecular compounds and examples
– Lewis Structures – molecular compounds
– Types of bonds (single, double and triple)
– Writing molecular compound formulas
– Writing molecular compound names
– Diatomic gases
The student version of the power point contains multiple blanks that need to be filled in throughout the lesson. These blanks are conveniently underlined and bolded on the teacher copy. I have found this to be the most effective means of keeping my students engaged and active without having them write everything out. This also leaves more time for discussion and activities.
I also have a range of assignments and lessons/units from other grade levels at my store.
Also, please visit my website Teach With Fergy for my thoughts on teaching, learning and everything in between.