Mega Chemistry Activity Collection – 50+ resources and counting. This bundle includes all my current and future chemistry Lab Stations, Scavenger Hunt Activities, and Reading Comprehension Activities. Each interactive activity will scaffold your students’ learning, keep them highly engaged, and allow them to develop a deep understanding of the material through various hands-on activities.
This is a growing bundle, which means that it is continually being added to. As I add new resources, I will increase the price accordingly. If you buy now, you will get the lowest possible price and receive all future resources absolutely FREE. I will notify you anytime I add new files. Purchase now to save 80% and get in at the absolute lowest price possible.
Your sample contains three activities – 1 Lab Station, 1 Scavenger Hunt, and 1 Reading Comprehension. Please download it to see how your activities will be structured.
Who’s This Resource For?
– Middle and High School Physical Science Teachers
– Teachers using NGSS or TEKS
– Teachers who want to increase students engagement and retention
– Teachers not looking to reinvent the wheel
Your students will also confront and overcome the following misconceptions:
• Paired sister chromatids are the only way to have diploid cells.
• Sister chromatids are not joined at centromere.
• All four chromosomes of a tetrad are joined at a centromere.
• DNA replication occurs in prophase.
• Meiosis ends in zygote formation.
• Only mammals undergo meiosis.
My activities are NGSS aligned for middle and high school classrooms:
Your activity bundles contain:
o Lab Station Activities
o Scavenger Hunts
o And lots more!
This collection covers all things chemistry – Atoms, Molecules, Chemical Reactions, Matter, Bonding, Moles, etc:
Lab Station Activities – How do they work? Each station is specially designed to be a unique complement to the material while at the same time, provide a valuable learning experience. Below is an overview of how each station works. In your activity, each will be tailored to the specific content.
Station 1: Get Hands-On – using their creative skills, students are required to draw or build.
Station 2: Research – using a classroom computer or their own device, students must research a specific question/issue surrounding the topic.
Station 3: Explain yourself – students write down an opinion to a question in paragraph form.
Station 4: Rest Station – students can use this time to catch up on work they didn’t have time to complete at a previous station or prepare themselves for an upcoming one.
Station 5 – Applicability reading – students read a short passage from an article, website, etc. which directly connects the classroom content to a real life application.
Station 6: Test your knowledge – students answer 5 multiple choice questions then provide a written explanation for how/why they came to their conclusions.
Station 7: Learn from the expert – using a classroom computer or their own device, students must watch a short video clip and answer the associated questions. They may stop, rewind and restart as often as they like during the time frame.
Station 8 – Rest Station.
Station 9: Become the question master – Students must create 2 multiple-choice questions, 2 true/false questions and 1 short answer question. Students must also supply the answers.
Science Reading Comprehension Activities
These activities are the coolest thing I’ve created and your kids are going to love them, mine do. Think of a scavenger hunt, then add devices (Smartphones, Chromebooks, Laptops, or Tablets), engaged students, and learning through assessment and you have this resource.
Quick Disclaimer. In order to use this activity, your classroom must have at least 1 device per 3 students. Smartphones, Chromebooks, Laptops, and Tablets will all work perfectly. The wording and delivery make this resource perfect for a wide range of grade levels. If for some reason you feel this hunt isn’t perfect for your classroom, I’m happy to refund your purchase no questions asked.
The Content Includes:
• Average Speed
Here’s how you implement them:
• Print the QR codes and place them around the room
• Place your students into groups
• Let them loose! They move from Location to Location as they complete their tasks. Each Task is assigned by scanning the QR code and there are 5 Tasks per Scavenger Hunt Activity.
• Have them submit their answers directly to your email via a form on my website.
• Lets your students utilize their devices
• Cuts down on wasted paper
• Combines learning with assessment
• Is a lot of fun
• Comes in both Word and PDF formats
Each Hunt is different and offers a unique way for your students to explore the topic. From Hunt-to-Hunt, possible tasks your students will face include:
• Video analysis
• Fully automated and marked Quiz
• Finish the story
• Start the story
• News article
• Word scramble
• Short answer
• Web research
Science Reading Comprehension Activities
The Problem You Face – Not having the time to properly teach scientific literacy (disciplinary literacy) or improve your students reading comprehension and analysis skills.
This fully editable, NO PREP reading comprehension article is composed of relevant, applicable and engaging reading activities which can be used to:
• introduce your topic
• improve your students reading comprehension and scientific literacy skills
• improve your students’ analysis skills
• provide an extension activity to students who move at a faster pace
• provide extra credit to students in need
• measure your students literacy skills
Furthermore, this resource works very well as an emergency substitute plan as it will keep your students on task and focused while you are away.
This resource will take your students between 50-75 minutes to complete and includes some open-ended questions. An answer key is also included for your reference.
Each summary is rich with age appropriate content (grades 8 and up) and is 2.5-3 pages long (13-font). Following each is a list of 8-13 questions along with the answer key, which will help guide your students understanding.
How this product will help your students:
– Improve their scientific and disciplinary literacy skills
– Improve their reading comprehension and scientific knowledge
– Give them insights into important scientific concepts
– Provide an extension activity for your faster moving/more gifted students
How this product will help you:
– Allow you to meet the NGSS, TEKS and Common Core Standards
– Provide you with a concise introduction to your topic
– Provide you with an engaging and easy to leave substitute plan which will keep your students engaged and on task
– Prove you a means of measuring your students’ literacy skills
We don’t spend enough time teaching scientific literacy to our students. This is either because we don’t have the resources to do so effectively or we don’t have the time. However, teaching our students to become scientifically literate is vital if we want them to succeed in life. We need them to know about the world they live in and about the issues they face. Even issues as simple as the common cold are misunderstood and can lead to the misuse of antibacterial drugs eventually rendering them ineffective.
It can be used as a tool in your teaching arsenal on a regular basis, an extension activity for your faster learners, left for a substitute in an emergency or planned absence or as an extra bit of information for a topic.