Everything you need to teach Ions as an introduction or review is right here including the lesson, and a worksheet with answers provided. The PowerPoint is interactive, engaging and to the point.
Included in the lesson package is:
– The teacher version of the power point
– The student version of the power point
– Student worksheet with answers
– An introduction to what ions are including net charge
– Review of electrons and protons and their charges
– Cation vs. Anions
– Determining charge of an ion
– Ions Lewis Structure drawing
– Naming Ions
– Multivalent Ions
– Application of Ions
The student version of the power point contains multiple blanks that need to be filled in throughout the lesson. These blanks are conveniently underlined and bolded on the teacher copy. I have found this to be the most effective means of keeping my students engaged and active without having them write everything out. This also leaves more time for discussion and activities.
I also have a range of assignments and lessons/units from other grade levels at my store.
Also, please visit my website Teach With Fergy for my thoughts on teaching, learning and everything in between.