Interactions Within Ecosystems – A Device-Based Scavenger Hunt Activity.
This activity is the coolest thing I’ve created and your kids are going to love it, mine do. Think of a scavenger hunt, then add devices (Smartphones, Chromebooks, Laptops, or Tablets), engaged students, and learning through assessment and you have this resource.
Quick Disclaimer. In order to use this activity, your classroom must have at least 1 device per 3 students. Smartphones, Chromebooks, Laptops, and Tablets will all work perfectly. The wording and delivery make this resource perfect for a wide range of grade levels. If for some reason you feel this hunt isn’t perfect for your classroom, I’m happy to refund your purchase no questions asked.
Download the Sample to see firsthand, exactly how the Hunts work and why your kids will love them. Included in the sample is the full version of
– Our Solar System
– Static Electricity
The Content Includes:
• Types of interactions
• Predator/prey relationships
• Community ecology
• How humans are affected by species interactions
• Limiting factors, carrying capacity, and exponential growth
• Tolerance and optimal zones
Here’s how you implement them:
• Print the QR codes and place them around the room
• Place your students into groups
• Let them loose! They move from Location to Location as they complete their tasks. Each Task is assigned by scanning the QR code and there are 5 Tasks per Scavenger Hunt Activity.
• Have them submit their answers directly to your email via a form on my website.
• Lets your students utilize their devices
• Cuts down on wasted paper
• Combines learning with assessment
• Is a lot of fun
• Comes in both Word and PDF formats
Each Hunt is different and offers a unique way for your students to explore the topic. From Hunt-to-Hunt, possible tasks your students will face include:
• Video analysis
• Fully automated and marked Quiz
• Finish the story
• Start the story
• News article
• Word scramble
• Short answer
• Web research