The Importance of Biodiversity. This lesson package includes the lesson (student and teacher versions of the Power Point), a Bill Nye video with worksheet and answer key and a student lesson handout as a word document. The PowerPoint is fun and applicable with FOUR videos embedded into the PowerPoint.
Included in the lesson package is:
– The teacher version of the Power Point
– The student version of the Power Point
– A Bill Nye video and worksheet (with key)
– FOUR videos embedded into the Power Point
– Student lesson handout
In order, the lesson covers:
– The need for biodiversity
– Vulnerable, Threatened, Extirpated, Endangered, and Extinct species
– Keystone species
– Species extinction and biodiversity
– Natural and human causes of extinction
The student version of the power point contains multiple blanks that need to be filled in throughout the lesson. These blanks are conveniently underlined and bolded on the teacher copy. I have found this to be the most effective means of keeping my students engaged and active without having them write everything out. This also leaves more time for discussion and activities.
Please view the Preview File to obtain a sense of my style, see how my power point lesson is structured and evaluate my work.
I also have a range assignments and lessons/units from other grade levels at my store.
Also, please visit my blog Teach With Fergy for my thoughts on teaching, learning and everything in between.