This 25 Chemistry Task Card resource is unique. It can be utilized in a clue gathering, puzzle solving, highly active and engaging activity and/or as an alternative to worksheet review for High School Chemistry.
1) Typical task card review.
– 15 of the 25 Task Cards are provided in the below sample
– For typical review, you can simply distribute the Task Cards to your class for individual, group or whole class review
– The cue cards can be projected on the board for whole class review
– The cards work well as cue cards, test review, etc.
– A student worksheet as well as teacher answer key are provided
2) Task card review game – lots of fun!
– Students perform a scavenger hunt type activity in small groups
– The groups have to match their answers to certain words which spell out a quote
– Once the group has completed each Task Card and put together the quote, they are the winner
– A really exciting an engaging activity which gets your students out of their seats and moving around answering questions
– Great for Review
– function of various cellular organelles
– naming and formula writing.
– writing and predicting chemical equations.
– types of reactions.
– word equations.
– balancing equations.
– conservation of mass.
– acids and bases.
– periodic table properties
The game is slightly more in-depth but the instructions are clear, detailed and include examples, you wont have a problem. Give it a try, your students will thoroughly review the unit and will love the activity and challenge the game brings.